Classic Jewelry is pleased to provide you with this resource to information about diamond gemstone information…
Reflection Beads was created to give women the opportunity to express themselves with their jewelry. We encourage women to create fashionable jewelry designs that have a special meaning… jewelry that tells their story! Reflection Beads features a jewelry system compatible with other leading brands of bead jewelry.
Fine Jewelry special orders are easy at Classic Jewelry!
Rarity & Beauty All gem-quality diamonds are rare, taking billions of years for nature to form them. The journey from the mine to you is long and arduous. While the four C’s information helps you to identify the quality of the diamond you are purchasing, it is the combination of these four characteristics which determine a diamond’s rarity. If you imagine a four-sided pyramid, with each side being a diamond characteristic—the more readily available diamonds form the base of the pyramid while the rarest diamonds are at the top. Keep this pyramid in mind when you are selecting your diamond. Your selection of characteristics will determine rarity and value. And remember—beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A diamond can only be truly perfect if you think it is beautifully perfect for you.
Gems are among the most durable of nature’s creations. With a little care, they will be as beautiful for generations to come as they are today. Keep in mind these gem care tips.
- The best way to clean your gemstone jewelry is in a bowl of water with a few drops of ordinary dish detergent. Using an old toothbrush or other soft brush, scrub gently behind the stone where dust and soap can collect. Then just rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- A home ultrasonic cleaner should be used with extreme caution. It can be used to clean Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Amethyst, Citrine, Garnet, Chrysoberyl, and unadorned gold jewelry, but it may damage gems like Coral, Emerald, Lapis Lazuli, Pearls, Peridot, Tanzanite, Tourmaline, Turquoise, and any gem that has many inclusions. When in doubt, don’t use it.
- Remove your jewelry before vigorous activities.
- Every day household items can ruin your gemstone jewelry. Make sure you don’t expose your gems to the chemicals in cleaning products, hair care products, fragrances and cosmetics.
- When getting dressed, put your jewelry on last. At the end of the day, take your jewelry off first. Store your jewelry in a cloth-lined box or pouch and keep them away from other jewelry, which might scratch them.